Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Disney World!



I am going on a trip to Disney World next week! I am ecstatic! I will be visiting Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Magical Kingdom and Universal Studios. There is so much to look forward to during this trip that it is almost too much to handle! I will be looking forward to watching all the amazing characters perform in the parade that is celebrated each day at Magical Kingdom. I am especially excited to visit Harry Potter World, where I will drink tasty Butter Beer and finally get to experience the new attraction called The Hogwarts Express. Fans of Harry Potter will be dressed in capes and be seen waving their wands around. I can't wait for my favorite childhood movie to come to life! 

Vocabulary:

1. ecstatic (adj.) feeling an extreme amount of happiness or excitement 
2. handle (v.) to manage a situation 
3. especially (adv.) used to single out one person, thing, or situation over all others.
4. attraction (n.) a thing or place that draws visitors by providing something of interest or pleasure.

Vocabulary Exercise: 

Write your own sentence for each of the sentences above. 
1. ecstatic ________________________________________________________

2. handle ___________________________________________________________
3. especially ___________________________________________________________
4. attraction___________________________________________________________


Grammar Point: Simple Future Verbs
The simple future tense refers to an action that is in the future and has not occurred. It
 refers to a time later than now, and expresses facts or certainty. The simple future tense is composed of two parts: will / shall+ the infinitive without to. The following are examples of the simple future tense from the paragraph above:


1. I am going on a trip to Disney World next week
2. 
I will be visiting Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Magical Kingdom and Universal Studios.
3.
I will be looking forward to watching all the amazing characters perform in the parade that is celebrated each day at Magical Kingdom.

4.  I am especially excited to visit Harry Potter World, where I will drink tasty Butter Beer and finally get to experience the new attraction called The Hogwarts Express. 
5. Fans of Harry Potter will be dressed in capes and be seen waving their wands around.

Grammar Activity: 
Fill in the blanks with the future tense of the verb in parentheses.  The helping verbs "will" or "shall" with the base form of the verb may be used, or you may use a form of the verb "go" with the infinitive of the verb.

1.  He ______________________ (play) soccer after dinner. 
2.  Maria _____________________ (study) for her midterm next Friday. 
3.  She ______________________ (shop) for clothes for her vacation. 
4.  I ___________________ (cook) for my family dinner on Sunday. 
5.  We __________________ (visit) our friends who study abroad. 





1 comment:

  1. The new Harry Potter attraction seems very exciting. I know you will enjoy it. Good entry overall!

    ReplyDelete